Pool Repair in Los Angeles, CA
Rely on Our Pool Contractors for Long-lasting Solutions
From fixing cracked flooring to resurfacing your pool deck, you can count on our team for fast and reliable pool repair in Los Angeles, CA. The specialists at Thomas Pools regularly stop leaks before they cause major damage and show you how to prevent them from happening in the future.
How Often Should You Do Maintenance to Your Pool?
Having your pool cleaned at least once a week will help keep it clean and uncontaminated. If not regularly maintained, it can lead to accidents, infections, and diseases. Maintaining your pool's cleanliness is just one of a few ways of caring for your swimming pool.
What Can Cause a Pool to Leak?
If you have a concrete pool, it's made to last for decades--but only if you care for it with proper routine maintenance and cleaning. Yet, even with regular care, your pool can still develop a leak. There are three different types of leaks a concrete pool can develop: structural, plumbing, and fitting.
A structural leak is when a crack or fissure occurs in the pool shell and it must be repaired immediately.
Structural leaks can be due to:
- The pool freezing and then thawing
- Improper construction and/or engineering
- The ground beneath the pool shell moving or shifting
- Shifting soil causing the pool shell to settle
- Groundwater putting pressure on the pool shell
Pool Fitting Leaks in Los Angeles
In order for your pool to have fittings--jets, lights, and even skimmers--- your pool shell must be penetrated. However, when these fittings are installed, plaster is packed around them. Unfortunately, this leaves the area vulnerable to leaks.
Much like the plumbing in your home, your pool's plumbing can also experience leaks--especially if it's improperly installed. This is why it's important to hire professionals to install, repair, and maintain it. Pool plumbing leaks are often caused by settling in the ground or corrosion. When you schedule swimming pool repair in Los Angeles, our contractors will inspect your pool's plumbing and ensure that everything is secured to help prevent further leaks.
Underwater Pool Leak Detection & Patching
Some cracks can be fixed without having to drain the whole pool. Pool owners often prefer not to have their pool drained, as the exposed plaster becomes more susceptible to further damage if you don't have the repair done quickly. Furthermore, filling an entire pool requires thousands of gallons of water - which can be costly and wasteful to unnecessarily drain.
Underwater pool leak detection and patching is an excellent option for minor cracks in the plaster. These cracks are usually caused by earth movement, misuse of the pool, or aging construction. The cracks usually appear as hairline fractures across the plaster surface and can worsen over time if left untreated.
Pool repairs in Los Angeles that require draining include:
- Full re-plastering
- Extensive fiberglass repairs
- Liner replacement
Many cities have codes dictating how frequently you are allowed to drain the pool. For Los Angeles and Ventura County, specific rules outline where you are allowed to drain your pool water, as they do not want the pool chemicals washing into the storm drains and municipal water supply.
It could be that you have a leak in the plumbing lines of the pool system. This can lead to serious issues above ground and/or below ground. Our team can identify the source of the leak and implement the right pool repair in Los Angeles or the surrounding areas.
5 Signs You Need Our Los Angeles Pool Repair Professionals
1. Cracked tile or concrete - There are a myriad of reasons your tiles or concrete could be cracking, but usually it's because of age. Cracks can cause leaks and more cracks so it's best to get them fixed sooner rather than later so they don't grow and cause more problems.
2. Discolored grout - While this discoloration looks grungy, it's completely natural over time. Your pool needs an acid wash which requires it to be drained and refilled.
3. Dirty pool water - This could be a sign that you just need to replace your pool filter. But if your pool water is continuously dirty even after you've replaced your filter, your pipes are probably clogged.
4. Broken light - Since water and electricity do not mix well, you should seek service from one of our Los Angeles pool repair experts. They'll drain your pool, fix your light, and fill it back up in no time at all!
5. A noisy pool pump - Pool pumps make a little bit of noise, but if there are any sounds that you've never heard before it's a sign that you should get it checked. If it's a rumbling sound then it means your pump has become loose and it's vibrating excessively. If it's a screechy sound then you'll need to replace the bearings. Both of these fixes are cheap if done promptly, but if they linger they can cause serious damage to the pump which will be more expensive
Why Your Swimming Pool Water Is Salty
If you don't have a saltwater pool and you're wondering why your swimming pool water is salty, it's most likely because you have a high level of total dissolved solids due to water evaporation. Your pool just needs a partial drain and a refill.
Honest & Professional Pool Maintenance
Our pool contractors offer occasional and seasonal repairs for pool owners wishing to continually keep their pools in excellent condition. This would be done by our sister business, Sunline Pools, Service & Supply. Our customers appreciate our commitment to providing honest, quality work.