Pool Safety Installations in the Los Angeles Area
Trusted Safety Techniques & Products
Save yourself from heartache and liability issues by making sure your pool is safe to be in and around, even when you're not at home. There are laws in California which mandate certain locking mechanisms around a pool, or at least around a yard that encloses a pool.
Low-Impact Pool Fences
Many homeowners do not appreciate the visual impact a fence can have on a pool, despite the obvious safety concerns that come from having a pool open to the outside. We can recommend many visually pleasing options for pool fences. These options help preserve the aesthetic of your backyard while adding a layer of separation between the water and young children or pets.
We offer Life Saver pool fences, with beautifully designed high mil weatherproof mesh and self-closing gates. These fences come with a lifetime guarantee and are rated as a safety leader by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. We also offer "vanishing" and mesh safety fences from Guardian Pool Fense Systems, Inc., a company known and trusted for their exceptional quality and patented technology. These fences can be customized to your unique needs, including stairs, and feature a patented self-closing gate, smaller holes drilled into your deck, or even "no holes" options.
Other safety features we design and install include:
- Non-slip flooring for better grip, especially on beach entry pools
- Grab rails for safe entry and exit
- Ladders to facilitate easier access to the pool in the deeper end
- Chemical balance education, guidance, and service
- Safety covers to prevent accidental fall-ins
- High tech swim monitoring systems
Pool Alarms Can Make a Difference
If you cannot install a fence around your pool, we might suggest you invest in a virtual alarm that sets up an invisible perimeter around the outside of your pool. If this barrier is crossed, an alarm sounds. That alarm gives you enough time to get to the pool before an accident happens.
Other wearable devices afford this same opportunity, though sometimes the person is already in the water once the alarm sounds and you may lose valuable time.
Safety Tips for Your Pool or Spa
The Pool and Spa Safety Act is a public education campaign from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. It details simple steps you can take to ensure the safety of your and your loved ones in and around the water.
These simple safety steps include:
- Be alert, present, and watchful, especially when children are swimming
- Learn and practice safety techniques, including CPR
- Install the proper safety equipment in and around pools including fences and alarms
- Make sure children learn to swim with proper swimming lessons
- Keep body parts and hair away from drains and suction outlets to avoid being trapped
- Promptly fix any lose, broken, or missing drain covers
- Drain water that may accumulate on top of pool covers
Remember that accidents can happen in a matter of seconds. Thomas Pools knows these dangers and can help you address them so you can always enjoy your pool or spa safely.
Protect your loved ones by taking the right measures to make sure your pool is safe. Ask our Los Angeles pool safety experts to help you take preventative measure today. Call (661) 667-4220.